The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fort Building

For Samuel's first birthday, I really wanted Samuel to have a pop-up tent with a crawling area. My mother-in-law volunteered to get the gift, but they were out of stock so she got this amazing circus tent...that turned out to be a fiasco!

After we looked at the tent, we realized it was HUGE. The description of it was, will fit 2 adults, 2 children and a dog. So my in-laws offered to set it up at their house since they had more space.

One December morning, Samuel, the tent and I ventured down to get things set-up. My recently retired father-in-law, my mother-in-law, Samuel and myself opened the box and spent the next 2 hours both baffled and falling over with laughter. We just couldn't get this children's tent together!!! We tried and tried and tried! So, we finally stuck it in the box and called it a day. My mother-in-law returned it to the store the next day!

A few weeks later, while I was at Walmart, I saw one single tent with a crawling area and scooped it up! It was marvelous! It pops-up and goes together in less than a minute and Samuel absolutely LOVES it! We spend lots of time in it playing peek-a-book, reading books, and just hanging out. Even Peso likes it!

Samuel's favorite thing to do is to crawl up and down the crawl tunnel...I tried it once, it didn't go well, but Samuel laughed and laughed! We finally have our fort, and despite it taking up half the den, we all love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment