The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

15-Months Old!

When I was flipping through some pictures I took of Samuel the other day, it seemed so surreal that Samuel is now 15-months old!!! I cannot believe how far he's come in 15-months, or really how far we have all come over the past 15 months!



Each month I say this, and each month it is true...but I really really love having a 14-month old! I was kind of worried about having a toddler. I was warned at how exhausting it is, how wild they are...and it is and they are! But it is just so much FUN!



Samuel stays very BUSY! His walking skills have improved immensely over the past two weeks, and now walks about 50% of the time! I LOVE watching him walk. His balance isn't the greatest, so he has to put his hands in the air and he looks like a little toddler monster!


He loves to play: little people, weebles, with his kitchen set, with his mega bloks, with his wagon, with his books, spoons, cups, stacking blocks and knocking them down, his race car that he can ride, anything that might be interesting he is all game! Samuel is also very clever and creative with his playing. Last week he took all the blocks out of his wagon and climbed inside! He keeps us laughing!



It is also so sweet to see how sweet he is. Samuel is full of smiles, hugs, and kisses. He loves to hug the dogs! And he LOVE LOVE LOVES his daddy! When Eric goes to work or to bed, Samuel is blowing kisses and waving bye bye...and the second Eric gets home from work he is daddy's buddy. When he was an infant, we knew he loved us. He has always liked to be held and cuddled, but now that he reciprocates, there just aren't any words to describe it! Amazing to see his little hands reach up for a hug and then hug and kiss you!!! It makes you melt!!


Samuel can also communicate a lot better too...which we are really enjoying. He has a slew of words: dog, mom, duck, dad, bird, but he does a lot of sign language too! He can get a lot accomplished by pointing his finger and letting us know exactly what he wants, where he wants it, and which way to go! He can also repeat sounds that we make. And he has a good understanding and responds correctly when we ask him a question. If we say, get a book for us to read, he does. Are you ready for a bath? He'll nod yes! Do you want milk? Are you hungry? And he gives us a correct response! It's such a nice perk to having a toddler!


Samuel's also eating more!!! He is drinking milk from a cup, eating goldfish crackers and Gerbers Cheese Puffs!!! Last night he even had some spaghetti and green beans with us! It is such a relief! He still only has 4 teeth, but I think give him a few more and he'll be eating everything!



Samuel can twist lids off of things now, stack blocks, put mega bloks together, and is quite the dancer. He loves YouTube and AC/DC, but I really limit the amount on both. He's going through a withdrawal, it's been 4 days without YouTube. He has finally stopped asking for it!



Samuel enjoyed a visit from his Granny B last week! He warmed up to her very quickly! She made him a duck bathrobe, and he is so cute in it!!! He is becoming more social in general, especially with other kids! He is always hugging other kids and following them around! It's amazing to see Samuel growing up and how amazing he is!!

1 comment:

  1. I bet watching him walk is so stinking cute. My favorite though is when they start to run. Toddler's running is by far the cutest thing on the planet.
    Congrats on making it to almost a year and a half. I can't even imagine how amazing it must be to have your baby show his love for you. He's such a cute little boy with one of the most innocent faces on the planet. Good luck not falling for his traps when he gets into mischief.

    ReplyDelete