It wasn't until I got married did I become a TRUE morning person. Before Samuel was born, it was common to find Eric and I out on a Saturday morning at 7am hitting up yard sales. On work days, I was in the car by 6:30 and working by 7:15. However, motherhood has thrown me all out of whack when it comes to sleep...mainly because I don't get much of it!
Samuel is now 9 months old, and he has yet to sleep through the night. I'm O.K. with that though, since I don't work and only have one child, I pretty much sleep when he sleeps. Daytime naps and early bed times have become my saving grace. This time last year, I couldn't even imagine taking a nap in the middle of the day! Now my favorite days are the days when Samuel takes 3 naps!!!
Recently, Samuel has taken to waking up early...as in 5:00am. I don't know what's gotten into him...but this lovely Saturday morning, 5:15 and Samuel was WIDE AWAKE. I tried putting him in bed with us, and all he did was lay there cooing and laughing. So I brought him out to the living room and we sat in the dark for another 5 minutes, but he just clapped his hands and played with my face. So I broke down, turned on the lights and tv and started my day. Samuel is so happy at 5am! Especially on weekdays when Eric goes to work, Eric will eat his breakfast and play with Samuel while I get myself ready.
These are pictures of what 5am looks at our house...please note, dinosaur pajamas and a happy face=5am.


No comments:
Post a Comment