Samuel also had a tendency to shy away from people he doesn't know. He hates going to the nursery at MOPS, and prefers sitting on my lap at the library then venturing too far away! So imagine my surprise last weekend when we went to Eric's family picnic and Samuel made QUICK friends with his new cousin, Sydney! Just two months earlier, Samuel clung to me and Eric at a family picnic and screamed if anyone even looked at him! But he met cousin Sydney, and the boy crawled off to play...barely looking back!
I couldn't decide whether to cry because Samuel was growing up or be happy that he was showing some independence, so I went with being happy. Samuel LOVED playing with his cousins Sydney and Paisley and spent the afternoon playing Godzilla with the stacking blocks, playing drums with empty coffee cans and wooden spoons, and admiring Sydney's new Dora the Explorer backpack. (He just liked the tags on it...not the backpack so much, Sydney LOVED the backpack!).
I'm so happy Samuel has cousins he can play with growing up!


No comments:
Post a Comment