I sit here in disbelief that it's already time for the monthly update on Samuel! I can't believe my little baby boy is 10-months old!!!!! I know I say it every month, but it's gone so fast!
I remember shortly after we brought him home, Eric had already returned to work and I was at home, alone, with at least 3 feet of snow on the ground and couldn't really go anywhere, Samuel couldn't really do too much other than eat, sleep in my arms, and poo, and I kept thinking...How will I ever get through this? Does it get any easier? And now here I sit with an amazing 10-month old, who is so funny, and so entertaining and so much fun!
This has been a HUGE HUGE HUGE month for us. I have spent the past few months worry that Samuel was physically delayed...he rolled later than most, showed no interest in crawling or standing or sitting up. Then he hit the 9-month mark and boom! EVERYTHING has changed!
First, for those of you who are wondering...Samuel has finally grown some hair!!! Not a lot, but some! Eric's mom says it looks just like Eric's hair shape and pattern when he was a baby (of course!). His hair is coming in strawberry blond, with a very small hint of curl...so cute!
Samuel has also been keeping me busy with all of this CRAWLING!!!!!!!!!! That's right...the boy has taken off! And he is loving it! His new found freedom has thrilled him to no end, and he loves to be into everything and anything! He is fascinated by doors, drawers, cabinets, and is drawn like a moth to a flame to electrical outlets. I've probably invested enough money in the Safety 1st Company to keep them in business for the next decade with all my purchases of electrical outlet covers and latches!
The funniest part of crawling has been Samuel's fascination with the dogs...and what they do, including going in and out of the dog door. I've caught Samuel on more than one occasion staring intently at the dog door and lifting the flap...I'm just waiting for him to crawl out of it! YIKES!
A couple days after Samuel started crawling, he started sitting up from a laying down position on his own! He is so proud of himself when he does this...you would have thought he just won a gold medal for sitting! So Eric and I lowered the crib, it was a sad moment for me to see the crib go down a notch. But safety is number one, even if mommy isn't ready for it!
He can also pull up on EVERYTHING and ANYTHING and has taken to cruising. Samuel is proving to be quite the dare devil, because once he pulls up on something he is ready to let go and try to stand on his own. There has been many many many tears because of this, he just doesn't quite get the hang of it yet...but he's getting there!
Samuel has picked up some great social cues this month too. He learned to wave and clap his hands. We joke that he learned to wave out of necessity...when his grandparents show up, he waves so much I wonder if his arm is going to fall off. We all think it's his attempt to get rid of people. It's almost if he is saying "Now, if I wave, will they leave?"
Samuel still has some major major major separation anxiety issues. We've resumed going to MOPS, and he did good the first week...unfortunately this week he only lasted 6 minutes before he was sent out of the nursery! He also doesn't like going to visit his grandparents without his momma. He apparently spent 2 hours crying there while Eric was staining their deck (I on the other hand, spent 2 glorious hours taking a shower and scrap booking!!!).
Samuel is also babbling a lot more now. EVERYTHING right now is Da Da Da Da...who do you miss? Da Da Who do you love? Da da Who do you want to take you for a walk? Da da. It's really sweet. Samuel loves his da da, and his da da loves Samuel. They are like two pea's in a pod. I love my boys :0)
I know I also say this every month, but having a 9-month old has been fantastic! It has been one of my favorite months, and I'm so happy to see Samuel grow and learn new things! There is nothing cuter than letting Samuel decide now what he wants to play, versus me plopping him in front of a toy! We still aren't sleeping very much, but who needs to sleep when there are so many fun things for him to look at and explore?


No comments:
Post a Comment