The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweet Samuel :0)



One of my most favorite parts of being a momma is watching Samuel grow and change! Even though he is only 8-months old, I am shocked at how funny, sweet and smart that little guy is! I know, I know I'm biased...but Samuel keeps Eric and I laughing all the time.

Whenever I think of accomplishments and milestones for a baby I think of rolling over, crawling and walking. But now I see there is so much more! Over the past couple of weeks Samuel has learned to do some amazing/quirky things! It is so cute!

Samuel's FAVORITE new thing to do is to turn on and off the light's. We walk into a room and he immediately leans for the light switch! He thinks it is so funny when the switch goes down and will wave his hands in excitement!

Apparently, he loves messing with switches and levers in general. At bath time, besides playing with his water book and floating toys Samuel LOVES LOVES LOVES to let the water out of the tub. Even if I place him at the far end of the tub, he will kick his feet and slide until he makes it all the way to the lever to let the water out. At first it would take him a few tries, and he would frequently need the "help" of his toys. But now, he can let the water out in one try! Super cute and funny!!!

Samuel has also became a big fan of playing peek-a-boo, get you and "gravity." Gravity is where he sits in his high chair and throws spoons, bowls, toys, etc off the tray to the floor for Eric and I to retrieve a thousand times each breakfast, dinner and lunch! It's a great game that NEVER EVER gets old :0) And "Get You" is where Samuel will take a toy and hit you with it (it doesn't hurt since an 8-month old doesn't have that much strength), whenever he does "get you" he breaks into a huge smile and laughs!

Samuel has also became much more social and no longer cries when people approach him...as long as they don't get in his face or appear to want to hold him. He has a death grip around my neck when someone other than momma or daddy try to pick him up! Of course, there is an exception to the rule and that would be Peso and Penny. Samuel LOVES the dogs and even offers his most beloved toys to the dogs to sniff. Whenever Penny or Peso walk into the room and stretches or yawns, Samuel breaks into a deep belly laugh...reserved mainly for us or the dogs.

I have a very curious little boy on my hands who see's everything, hears everything and gets into everything! It's so amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment