The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A visit from Uncle Ricky!


My brother, Ricky, came for an overnight visit with Samuel! Though our visit was short...it was quite eventful! We enjoyed eating some Mexican food and strawberry shortcake(compliments of Eric!),catching up with Ricky's wedding plans and we took an evening walk.

Unfortunately, Samuel decided that it would be a good day to skip his afternoon nap (I'm sure it was out of sheer excitement for a visitor???). So by the time Ricky arrived, Samuel was not a happy baby. He cried every time someone looked at him, when I left the room, or if I sat him down. When it came to taking a bath, an activity that Samuel usually enjoys, he screamed the entire time!!! Poor Uncle Ricky :0(

However, Ricky was a trooper and still thinks that Samuel is awesome! Samuel woke up the next morning in a much better mood and ready to play! We decided to do a little shopping, and after getting all dressed up we were walking out the door when I felt something...wet all the way up Samuel and me! Uncle Ricky to the rescue as he helped retrieve wet washcloths and experience a massive diaper change! Round #2 of Operation Trying to Go Shopping was much more successful! Samuel did an excellent job shopping and Ricky and I got some fantastic sales!!!

Before Ricky left, I took a few picture of Samuel and Ricky in our yard. Too bad Ricky scared him with his fierce imitation of a lion!






No comments:

Post a Comment