The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Well, it happened...I turned the big 3-0! It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Leading up to the big day I kept having thoughts about not being in my 20s anymore and how grown-up being 30 sounded. I was dreading it.

But when I woke up to a little boy hugging my neck, Eric making me waffles for breakfast, and a full day of lunch and shopping I realized...30 might not be so bad after all!

Samuel and Eric "driving" while we were waiting at the Olive Garden!

Eric's family hosted the traditional birthday dinner the night before! It was yummy as usual, and I got some great gifts!


Not too shabby for 30! Of course, Samuel makes everyone look good!


The day of my birthday we went to Hagerstown for Olive Garden and some shopping at the mall. It was a nice change of scenery! I didn't find the boots I was looking for, but we still had fun together! Samuel was a SAINT all day long! At the Olive Garden he ate his own bread stick! It was so cute!

Beep Beep! I'm "driving!"

Eric also made me my favorite peanut butter fudge! You would think in all this fun and excitement it would take a lot to top the great food, great friends, great gifts...but it happened! Samuel got me the best gift of all! HE TOOK HIS VERY FIRST STEPS! Just 2 or 3 steps, but he did it!!!!!!! It took my breathe away and I'll never forget that he shared such a wonderful milestone at my birthday! AMAZING! I was one proud mama!



Exhausted from a day of celebrating my birthday!
So after reassessing I realized that I have a wonderful husband, amazing little boy, great family and friends, and a gorgeous house...so being 30 isn't so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment