I know this is a little delayed. I can't believe Samuel is 13-Months old already!!! Between the teething and all the Christmas activities, time is just flying!
It has been a big month in toddler terms! Since October 26Th, Samuel has popped out 4 teeth! When Samuel does something, he does it 100%! He waited forever to get his choppers, and now he has 4 with a 5Th one on it's way in! I thought I would miss the gum less grins (and I do!), but the toothy grins are just as cute!
Now that Samuel is a toddler, he is much more active. He is into EVERYTHING and ANYTHING! Samuel finds everything interesting. He is so inquisitive! Whether it is the parkay bottle at the dinner table, a shoe, a belt, a spoon or one of his toys, Samuel spends a lot of time analyzing things and figuring out how they work.
He has also learned how to "work" a lot of his toys this month too! He received a wooden ring stacker for his birthday, and he can take all 8 rings off and put them back on with no problems...not in size order necessarily, but it's one of his favorite toys! Samuel also LOVES it when we push him on his riding toys!
Samuel is much more vocal now too, which makes things a lot of fun! He squeals, laughs, and giggles in delight to almost everything! Except strangers...and when it comes to people he doesn't know (or even if he knows them) he can HOWL AND SCREAM AND CRY too! We call it mommy-it is, and he is attached to me at the hip. If I'm not around, then daddy will make a fine substitute. He is finally warming up to others though. When my brother and his fiancee came for a visit, he really warmed up to them quickly! He also now tolerates very well his Mimi and Grand Dad...about time since he see's them weekly!
Samuel had a great Thanksgiving too! Lots of playing with family, and even a little stuffing and cranberry sauce for him! Thanksgiving was a lot more fun for us this year in comparison to last year when we had a 3 week old. He even got up at 3am and helped me do some online Black Friday shopping!
Samuels digestive issues have improved immensely, and he can eat just about anything now! We are still doing baby food, but he also likes chunks of fruit, anything that we are eating and he has a sweet tooth! (I'm sure he gets that from someone other than me!)
Samuel's hair is getting longer too. He's still blond, and has cute little curls too! I know girls have lots of options with cute clothes and accessories, but I think boy clothes are super cute! I love dressing Samuel! It's so much fun! He has the best ear flap hat for winter!
Of course, the big news this month is that Samuel took his first steps! Just a few days before turning 13-months old! It was amazing, breathtaking and a little scary...a toddler, really?! Are we ready for that? I guess so, because we have one and it's tons of fun! Every day is a new adventure with my wild man!


No comments:
Post a Comment