It's no secret that Samuel is a "big" boy. Since the day he was born, Samuel has been a good eater. Doctors hope to see most baby's regain their birth weight by their 2 month visit. Our sweet Samuel regained his birth weight and 5 extra ounces by his 1 week visit at the pediatrician's! Samuel has topped the charts for his height, weight, and head size during each of his visits to the pediatrician and has remained in the 90th percentile for all three.
Breastfeeding came very natural to Samuel, though we always have struggled with a bottle. It should come to no surprise that Samuel is also a natural at sippy cups and baby food.
I gave Samuel his first sippy cup at six months of age. I didn't once have to show him what to do, he reached out and grabbed it and has became quite profecient when it comes to sippy cups of all sizes and colors!
We also started baby food when he was six months old. I was a bit hesitent to give up one of my feedings a day, but I knew that it was time to introduce solids to him...and he loves them all! So far he's had: pea's, carrots, sweet potatos, applesauce, prunes, peaches, pears and bananas. I've even taken up making a lot of the baby food here at home! It's quite cost efficient and taste a good bit better than the store bought food! I know this because I have also tried all the baby foods that Samuel has had...I am not looking forward to when we introduce meats in a baby food jar :0/
Last week Samuel decided that I was feeding him too slowly, so he took the spoon I was using and decided he would start feeding himself! Quite the accomplishment for a 7-month old...and he didn't do too bad! I guess eating really does come naturally for the Samster! I am uploading a video of Samuel eating pea's, both with my help and his guidance! He loves to insist on using my spoon and will tap his hands when I'm taking too long!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment