Winter this past year in Maryland was really long and hard. Lots of snow, lots of cold days, lots of ice. We had snow drifts 5 feet high, there were weeks where I didn't even leave the house because it was so cold for a newborn! I sat at home from November until March with Samuel. It was too cold to take him anywhere...so the two of us made big plans for summer! Well, I made plans and Samuel slept.
With the warm weather we are having, we took our first picnic. Granted, it wasn't your standard picnic. We did have a blanket and a picnic basket. We also had a tomato sandwich, ice cream cone, watermelon and grape soda...however, these were all fake. A great toy from the easter bunny!
We spent time outside on the picnic blanket, I enjoyed a good book while Samuel enjoyed looking at the surroundings. He is fascinated by birds, tree's, and grass! He also enjoyed getting to play with his picnic basket. We are making picnic time a new outing at our house! Next time I might even make some real food.


I really like this idea! No need for real food, he's probably just as happy with the toys. And hey, no clean up makes mommy probably just as happy.
ReplyDelete